Nouns? Verbs? Adjectives? What is that?
I have to confess that I was a little bored and
confused because I had some holes on my mind about nouns, adverbs, and
adjectives, I still did not understand their definition very well. I was a
little confused with their meaning, I think to learn those concepts is so
difficult for me (I thought it).
For this reason, I arrived at home and I have been
asking myself about it and I thought I’d like to know the truth definition and the
best form to lose that problematic on my mind was Google. I researched and
found this information with example and an easy way to clarify the doubts about
it.
Nouns: Words that are used to name people, animals, things, places or abstract ideas. Some examples are: car, mom, cat, church, love.
Nouns: Words that are used to name people, animals, things, places or abstract ideas. Some examples are: car, mom, cat, church, love.
Pronoun: Replace the nouns, such
as: he, she, I, which, that, mine, himself.
Determiner
(determiner): They are used to identify nouns or pronouns to explain if one speaks of
something specific or more general. For example: the, a, an.
Adjective: It gives characteristics to
the noun or pronoun. For example: blue car, pretty mom, big cat, old church,
crazy love.
Verb: Express what we do. They
are actions, events or states of being. Some examples are: was, write, jump,
critize, learn.
Adverb: Express the mode, time,
place, cause, degree in the sentence, as well as answer the questions how,
when, where, how, among others. For example: slowly, remove, very, fast, well.
Prepositions: Connects nouns, pronouns,
and phrases, as well as gives information about place, address, space or time,
such as: in, on, at, by.
Conjunctions
(conjunctions): Words, phrases, and sentences. For example: and, but, whereas, because.
Phrase
(phrase):
A group of words that normally do not have verb, such as: my dad, the old book,
at home.
Sentence
(sentence):
A complete idea that always has a verb. Some examples are: My dad is at home, the
old book is in the library, my room is very big.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario