DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "A FEW AND FEW"
The Difference between ‘A few’ and ‘Few’ (Used with Countable Nouns)
Why did I decide to talk about that? My curiosity to
know and clarify the difference between “A Few and Few” started when I helped
to my friend to resolve his homework. I was on my bed doing nothing and I
wanted to do something until my friend arrived; he was bored because he had one
homework for some hours after and he wanted that I helped him with his homework
because he didn’t have any idea about it…. He told me, can you help me with my
homework, I don’t understand this topic, so I decided to helped him.
I have to confess that in the middle of the homework I
was a little confused with that, because I wasn't really sure if I did it
right, (but I tried to do it well) because on my mind there were some doubt, i
didn't know about it.
Seeing that, I wanted to research more about it when
he left of my room. And I found the right information to clarify the
difference. This is the information that you can see and learn more about that
difference.
A few = two or three / a
couple
- I have a few friends who
speak Japanese.
- I have met a few famous
people in my life.
In these sentences, a few means two or three. A few is less than
some but more than none. A few is used with countable
nouns (friends, people).
Few = not many / almost
none
- Mary has made few mistakes in
her life.
This means that she has not made many
mistakes in her life. She does not make many mistakes. However, if Mary
had made a few mistakes in her life,
then it means she has made two or three (a couple, close to several) mistakes.
Here I leave this link, where you can
practice with some exercises.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario