DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "SEE, LOOK AND WATCH" !!
Maybe, you'll be thinking why I write
about that, it's simple; If you are studying a new language, it is important to
discover everything about that. And that's what I do.
I will describe the difference between
the verbs "See, look and
look", because I think it is a very common problem in some people.
Sometimes, when we are talking about something and someone hears that in the
conversation there are some verbs, "See, look and look" we ask
ourselves what they are talking about, because we usually confuse those terms.
We don't have the correct definition about it, but with this post I hope you
understand the difference that I could find.
Look.
I
spent two hours looking at paintings.
I looked at my watch to check the time.
Don’t look at John! He doesn’t like it.
I looked at my watch to check the time.
Don’t look at John! He doesn’t like it.
In these examples, we say look because
paintings, your watch and John are not moving. We do not use look when
we talk about observing moving objects.
Watch
I watched TV
all evening.
I like watching the children play.
I watch the sunrise every morning.
I like watching the children play.
I watch the sunrise every morning.
In these examples, all the
objects are moving. A TV set doesn’t move, of course, but the images on the
screen do. We use watch when we look at a
moving object carefully, to observe it.
See
I didn’t see
you at the party last night.
I saw a car crash this morning. It was horrible.
I can’t see you. It’s too dark.
I saw a car crash this morning. It was horrible.
I can’t see you. It’s too dark.
We usually use see when
something comes into our sight or view by chance. We were not looking for
it.
Here, I leave this link. You can enter
and practice with some exercises.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario